Utah VA Loans and Utah VA Loan Refinancing are a great way for Veterans to purchase a new home in Utah as well as Utah Veterans looking to refinance a home in Utah to reduce their monthly mortgage payments. The Utah VA Loan Specialists from VA Loan Mortgages, by VA Loan Mortgages, are FDIC Insured and Equal Housing Lenders, meaning you can get approved for VA Loans through us, directly, Nationwide, quickly, personally, and securely with the best possible rates!
Why is Utah such a great place for Veterans and their loved ones to live?
- Disabled Veterans are qualified to receive lower property taxes!
- Honorably discharged Veterans that are applying for State, county, municipal, or other local government jobs can get 5 points added to employment test scores. Disabled Vets can get 10 points! Eligible spouses and unremaried surviving-spouses are sometimes eligible for the same Veteran Job Preference!
- Utah is included in the VA Salt Lake City health-care system, under VISN 19, the Rocky Mountain Network. Utah Veterans can receive health care from a host of options, including:
- the VA Medical Center
- 6 outpatient clinics
- 3 Veteran Centers
- Some of Utah’s top things to get out and see include, but are not limited to:
- Big Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake City
- Arches National Park in Moab
- The Narrows at Zion National Park
- Deer Valley Resort in Park City
- Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
- Hill Aerospace Museum in Ogden
- Many Others!
What are the benefits of VA Loans and VA Loan Refinancing?
- 0% down, in most cases! The next best rates are generally FHA Loan rates, with conventional loans typically having the highest interest rate.
- There is no PMI (monthly mortgage insurance premiums) on VA Loans!
- VA Loans have the lowest interest rate of all mortgage types.
- Pay your mortgage early with no early payment penalties!
- You can take advantage of VA Loan Refinancing by lowering current Utah VA Loan rates, through refinancing, as well as lowering your Utah VA Loan interest rate by transitioning to a VA Loan from another existing mortgage of another type.
- 2nd tier entitlement enables certain qualified Veterans to purchase second homes using a second VA Loan as well as allows certain other Veterans the opportunity to purchase homes again, even if they’ve defaulted on a VA Loan mortgage, previously.
- The VA staff advocates, on the behalf of Veterans facing financial hardship, alternatives to foreclosure.
- Assumable mortgage! Under some circumstances, you may be able to transfer your mortgage to another home-buyer, allowing them to take advantage of your low VA Loan interest-rates!
Who Qualifies for Utah VA Loans and Utah VA Loan Refinancing?
You are likely qualified for Utah VA Loans if you meet at least one of these factors:
- 90 consecutive days of active service during war-time
- 180 days, or more, of active service during peacetime
- 6 or more years in the National Guard or the Reserves
- Surviving spouses of a service-member that died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability
What is the Utah VA Loan and Utah VA Loan Refinancing Process?
- Obtain your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). We can help you find/obtain that quickly!
- Find a home and negotiate a purchase agreement that has a “VA Option Clause”.
- Apply for the VA Loan
- Loan Processing
Are there alternatives to Utah VA Loans?
Utah FHA Loans are a great alternative to Utah VA Loans. They have the second lowest interest-rate between VA Loans, FHA Loans, and conventional mortgages and you don’t have to be a Veteran or a Veteran spouse or loved one to qualify!